There are times when companies in the mortgage and real estate industry end up “settling” for a brand that is not compelling.
Don’t settle for a soft brand by getting sidetracked by the common roadblocks below. We are branding experts in your industry and can help you develop, and execute, a winning brand and build your business.
A soft brand is one that lacks compelling and relevant distinctions and therefore blends in with others, rendering it nearly invisible regardless of how many marketing dollars are used to push it.
In fact, promoting a soft or blurry brand will do more harm than good simply because the act of promoting it does nothing more than communicate “me too” messages, making it irrelevant.
Here are 5 common roadblocks to building a winning brand that can result in a softer brand than you would like…
- Placing too much emphasis on creating a brand that merely sounds and looks better than the competition. Instead, focus on building a brand that leverages a combination of a company’s intangible assets, such as intellectual property, specializations, processes, patents and accreditations.
- The inability to reach a conclusive decision internally on what the brand should be. This easily leads to a watered-down and soft brand.
- Failing to consider or recognize the valuable insights people from non-marketing or non-sales roles in the company can bring to the brand development discussion. You know – those people from HR, underwriting, funding, compliance and other areas. What do they know about branding? It doesn’t matter. They all have the potential to offer brand perspectives never thought of or considered in the past.
- Playing it safe by creating a brand that is different, but not too different from everyone else. In other words, a brand not compelling or fresh enough to attract measurable new business and be deserving of heightened recognition.
- The inability to think through a compelling and meaningful answer to the question, Why should our brand be given top consideration? Companies need to be able to answer this most important, yet simple question with utmost confidence and conviction.
If anything you’ve read sounds a little too familiar, contact us today to talk about how we could help you break down the roadblocks preventing you from building a stronger brand.